When you are searching for an interior design element that stands out, wallpaper murals can bring a unique look to your home or office. Whether you use a favourite photograph, an image of nature, or an abstract look, wallpaper murals can create a lasting impression.
Wallpaper murals can be a cost-effective and creative way to bring new life to a room. Unlike a painting, paper murals are more affordable and can be removed when you want. For this reason, they can be an attractive option for different spaces, including advertising opportunities or even a children’s room.
One of the best features of wallpaper murals is that they can be custom made to fit the space. That means that there is no limit to the amount of creativity you can apply. For example, you may want to place a wallpaper mural on the ceiling or floor to give the room an added element. It is the versatility of wallpaper murals that make them an ideal fit for many clients, including sports teams. Posting wallpaper murals around the gym or arena where the team plays is a great way to build your fan base.
However, there are a few things that you need to know before you decide on your wallpaper mural design.
Types of Wallpaper Murals
Before you can decide on a design, you will need to be aware of the different types of wallpaper murals that you can get. It may be a good idea to talk to a professional printing company about your needs. They will be able to advise you on what style fits your space best.
- Graphics: Like traditional wallpaper, murals can be an assortment of patterns or shapes. This bold look is not meant to dominate the room but subtly add to the atmosphere. Unlike traditional wallpaper, a mural is designed to be placed on a single wall.
- Photos: Essentially, these are very large photographs that have been turned into a mural. One important thing to consider about a photo wallpaper mural is that they call for a certain distance so the viewer can see it well. This makes them the ideal fit for hair salons or offices.
- Colour gradient: Designed for a very modern look in your space, colour gradient designs are unlike traditional wallpaper. It helps to add a little colour to a more traditional, white wall in a subtle way.
- Abstract: This style can include any graphic that does not fit into the other categories. Some may use a patterned look that, at a distance, acts as a mosaic for a larger image impression. One thing abstract designs have is their use of geometry to create the atmosphere.
Things to Consider for Your Wallpaper Mural
If you are thinking about adding a wallpaper mural to your space, you will need to consider a few elements before making your final decision. These include:
- Space: Even if you already have an idea for your wallpaper mural, you will need to adjust your vision for the space. This means knowing how much room you have to display your mural. You should also consider the colours that are in your space. Ensure that the image you want in your mural doesn’t have colours that clash with the surroundings. You will also want to use colours that don’t blend in too much in the background in case they are overlooked.
- Flaws: Once you have looked over the space you want to put your mural in, consider any defects or damages on the wall that could interfere with your wallpaper mural. You may need to repair some parts of the wall before you can display your mural. If the wall has windows, it does not mean that you can’t display your mural, but you will need to build your design around them.
- Brand: Wallpaper murals should be seen as a great branding opportunity. As such, the colours, logos, and images you use should be consistent. If you use an image as the central visual element of your mural, it should reflect the values or personality of your brand. Any text that is included on your mural should also be the same style of font that you use on your other printed business material.
- Timelessness: While wallpaper murals are easy to change and switch out, the idea is that they are an image that remains in the space for a long time. It is important to keep that in mind as you decide on a design. Remember that whatever image you decide to use will be on display for the long term.
- Atmosphere: Wallpaper murals have a big impact on creating an atmosphere in your space. That is one of their main attractions. Some can be used to tell a story about your organization or its values. As you consider your design, you will want to pick something that won’t overwhelm the space but add to it. Think of the theme of your space and what type of image or graphic would contribute to the ambience that you are trying to create.
If you are looking for a unique and creative way to decorate your space, a wallpaper mural might be just the thing. With the variety of styles available, finding a mural that accentuates your values or personality is easy. You can use a favourite photograph, nature image, graphic, or even abstract design. Wallpaper murals are also an affordable way to change up your space or add a stylistic impression to it. They can also be used in a variety of spaces, including businesses, offices, hair salons, sports teams, residential living rooms, or even children’s rooms. However, it is important to consider several factors before you decide on your design. Talking to a professional printing company about your options for custom-made wallpaper murals is the best way to get the design that is right for you.
For more information about wallpaper murals in Toronto, call Club Ink at 416-694-1996 or contact us here.