Sometimes employees don’t want higher pay; they are purely looking for job satisfaction. The environment you cultivate can give your employees a reason to want to stay late and work harder, or it can make them dread coming in every day.
Part of creating a workplace that makes your employees want to come to work everyday is ambiance. No matter what kind of business you operate, it’s important to keep your employees energized and happy to be there. Wall murals give your staff more than something to stare at each day; they can offer encouragement and inspiration without saying a word. They can provide beauty and balance and help your employees actually work up to their potential instead of just phoning it in every day.
Before you give Banksy some spray-paint and a million dollars to create a mural to help energize your employees, visit Club Ink first! We can create murals of any design, image, or graphic you need. When you’re ready to make over your office walls, think about these important factors:
- Wall murals should invigorate your employees, not scare them. Avant-garde artists whose work looks like it belongs in the MoMA instead of the MET may not sit well with some of your employees. Unless your business is extremely artistic, it’s best to stay away from ‘untraditional’ imagery.
- Oppose your climate by going against weather. If your office is in an area that is pummeled by snow for at least six months of the year, use summer colours in your mural. Giving your employees a little piece of sunshine with a warm mural will keep them from getting into a funk in the winter when the weather is less than pleasant.
- Show off your company’s history with a mural that encompasses everything your business has accomplished. Include imagery that features all those that have contributed to your company’s success from past to current employees.
- Quote a legend that relates to your industry. Don’t slap any old Mark Twain or Thomas Jefferson quote on the wall, find a quote or phrase that directly communicates what your business is all about. You will have a hard time energizing your employees if they have to look at a wall mural that features a quote that has no bearing on what they’re doing.
- Inspire with your values, vision and mission. Incorporate your company’s values into a wall mural to remind your employees what the business stands for. Oftentimes, employees forget that their place of work is actually doing something good for the world and they take for granted all the great work they’re doing.
Whether you’re looking for print pricing, sizing, or ideas on how you can create a mural to inspire, contact Club Ink today!